20 May 2011

the peace process

This week's Scorpio Full Moon has certainly brought about the intensity for which it stands. A full moon is like a spotlight, shining down to help bring healing and resolution. "This Scorpio Full Moon is all about opening the heart and allowing the dark emotions to rise to the light of day and find the security and serenity offered" in that solace -for those who choose Love and Light for their lives. So how could I not blog about it? Time for some Scorpio intensity!

The week began on an intense note for the international community with the violent clashes in Israel, on 3 borders. Coincidentally on Sunday, I went to a pro-Israel rally/festival at Mission Bay in San Diego. It was mainly held to create awareness about Israel, and many of the Jewish organizations in the area were represented. Of course most of you know I lived in Israel for about a year, while working on my Masters in Middle East Studies. In fact the initial purpose of this blog was to document my travels, but since my return has turned into a collection of writings, political, sociological, philosophical, and religious in nature. Anyway when I got to the rally, there was quite a bit of security all around, I felt like I was being closely examined by a few of them. I was thinking, come on folks, don't I look Jewish to you? Well I got a little refresher on my Hebrew while I was there, and signed up to be involved with a few pro-Israel activist groups. Since I left Israel I have not done too much with my Middle East knowledge, my languages learned while over there, or my degree in general (I really only use my 1st MA, Communication). The reason for the heightened security at the rally was because Sunday marked Israel's 63rd anniversary of becoming a state in 1968, thus the anniversary of the Nakba. I was later informed that violent clashes had been erupting all day, by the Palestinians upon Israeli territory and inhabitants thereof.

The other day, President B. Hussein Obama declared publicly that he would be working towards a 2-state solution for Israel and the Palestinians, in the wake of the Scorpio Full Moon chaos over there. This is certainly not the first time a US President has declared such, in fact the Middle East Peace Process has been going on since the British first inhabited the land in 1917. But it is the first time since he was elected that - the Kenyan-born, Muslim-raised, somehow-elected US President - has even publicly considered "going there" since he's been in office. I vividly remember one of his campaign speeches during which time he was running against Hillary Clinton (his now Secretary of State, yes I still want her job) that he addressed this topic, and rambled on and on for what seemed like a half hour about his opinion on Israeli-Palestinian peace process and 2-state solution - a topic which was obvious he knew ZERO about! I'm sure he's been debriefed since that time, probably by his former Chief-of-Staff, the Jewish Rahm Emanuel (who I have a love-hate relationship with and wish he would have stuck around, but I digress) per his extensive international expertise. Either way, the majority of the American public has no clue about this region or the reasons why a 2-state solution is not feasible, primarily because they have no first-hand knowledge of the region, the people, the culture, or the inherent reality conceived only by living there and studying it while immersed in the culture. Do I understand it all? You betcha. After all, that's why I moved to Israel and obtained the degree that I did. And its in my blood, being of Jewish descent.

The Jews have been persecuted for years. Persecuted for their faith, persecuted for inhabiting the land which is rightfully theirs and has always been, persecuted for their success on this earth, in Israel and to the ends of the map. This is because the Jews are God's chosen people, they are His own, descendants of Abraham under the Covenant. The Arabs think they are, but their race was born of Isaac, Abraham's illegitimate child from which time he impregnated an Egyptian maidservant. History and politics are complex, especially in Israel, but let this be a lesson. No one can kick the Jews out of their homeland, not even B. Hussein with his wanna-be peace treaty. They say "peace peace" but there is not peace. True peace only comes from God, and from submitting to His will, placing Him as sovereign. The Bible indicates that anyone who denies God or denies Israel as the Jews homeland will be cursed. The US is in for a big surprise if we turn our back on Israel. Sure coexistence among warring factions in Israel is necessary, but they get along as fine as they can now, each going about their business, as long as they treat each other with respect. I lived there, I know how it is -not what the media tells you necessarily. If everyone could just be a little nicer to each other, more open to the others, and less resistant, they can accept it for what it is - necessary peaceful coexistence. The people I met first-hand while I lived there were ok with it, it is what it is basically. But the terror groups like Hamas make it really hard for people to simply BE PEACE. They blow things out of proportion, basing the mere need for their conflict on lies and ill-founded precedence.

Is it possible for these people to find the peace they seek? Yes, but only if they seek God first. If not for God's Peace, there can never be true peace, in this peace process, or for eternity. This applies to conflicts among warring factions and individuals alike. Our time on this earth is short, indeed too short to hold grudges, but as long as we do, we will have conflict (brought upon by the choice to maintain the negativity), as the energy of the Universe, Laws of Karma, and Wrath of God will dictate - and will show no mercy. The Golden Rule is the only way to live - lest we endure payback from the Universe, beyond the traditional Nakba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home