21 January 2007

spring equinox

The other day in class while discussing current events, my professor asked the class "what is happening in March 2007"? He was referring to an early election for Israel, but I blurted out "the Spring Equinox!" My classmates were caught off-guard, and erupted in laughter. My friend Alan turned around and gave me a wierd look, and I whispered to him "and the French Presidential election", which he and I had discussed recently.

I seem to have prophecies on the brain (both Biblical and Quranic), because the Spring Equinox is the time when Shiite Islam predicts their Madhi to reveal himself to the world. Ahmedinijad is all up on it... check outthis article. I think that timing is rather coincidental, as March 2007 is also when Nicolas Sarkozy will win the French Presidential election. His claim to Roman Catholicism is a link to France's involvement in the EU as the "modern" version of the Roman Empire (from Biblical prophecy). I often wonder about his Catholicism however, because of his incredible support for Muslims (not that that's a bad thing, mind you). One of the things he is known for is building/supporting Muslim communities in France. Perhaps he is just showing his humanitarian side. I don't exactly see him showing his Jewish side (not that I see him regularly), though his mother is from Sephardic Jewish descent (if there is Judaism on your mother's side, then you're Jewish). ;) Anyway, he's not in the international news very much, but he's on track to win the election, and indeed rise to the top (of France, and ultimately the EU).

I might go to France for my spring break to visit my boy Nic :) and perhaps travel west, across through Spain and then Morocco (any or all of the above). The other option is Turkey, but I might just make that a long weekend next semester, or go there and Greece next summer. So many countries, so little time. For now I focus on the task at hand, writing 3 papers, due this week before I leave for the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home