23 March 2007

multiple perspectives

it is often said "there are two sides to every coin". However, in this multi-cultural world, there are multiple sides to every coin, or multiple perspectives to every scenario. I have recently been criticized for some of my extreme viewpoints in recent posts. However, one purpose of this blog is to do just that... present scenarios as they really are, or as they are perceived to be by a first-hand observer. I rather enjoy disseminating my observations and viewpoints via this medium of choice, and am interested in a career which will harness these skills. Perhaps a career in international media awaits on the horizon.

Since I've been living and studying here in Israel, the theme "journalism" has quite prominent. I've attended a few conferences involving media representatives, met people in the field, and have completely engrossed myself in current events and world affairs. While the awareness level about "what is going on in the world" is somewhat higher in Israel than in the US, its mostly a whole lot of racist/biased viewpoints being thrown around (dealing with the localized politics and implications thereof) here in this region. This is certainly important, and Jerusalem is indeed the center of the Universe. Yet there are many more players at the table, and each is holding an important card in this big game.

In the next few months, some very important world events are inevitably going to occur. In the next few months, I am faced with the decision of where I want to live and work. While America is home, Jerusalem is the most Holy City in the world, and the only city where I've truly felt God's presence. It is also the city where multiple perspectives are displayed in clear view. Regardless of where I end up, I will continue to post multiple perspectives on this blog, in "making sense" of world events. And as for me, Insha Allah, He will direct my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home