25 May 2011

natural disasters

My blog has gotten a lot of hits this past week. I am guessing that my readers either expected me to have been "raptured" on Sunday, or to have written about the controversial "event." Well readers, sorry for the delay. I have been busy finishing up my last week of my online World Cultures class. I'm blessed to have been graced with the inspiration to start blogging again. Between my intensely engaging class and other recent social experiments regarding highly immoral people crossing my path, I have transcended beyond the mundane chit-chat that many of today's Americans engage in. I remember this happening as soon as I moved back to the USA from Israel also. I was in such a different headspace with focus on world events and international culture, that I almost felt as if I could not relate to the local folks back in Arizona, and even in San Diego, my home of 14 years where I returned after living abroad. The wisdom I have attained within my lifetime has indeed influenced my groundedness through recent challenges, providing essential levels of clarity, which has somewhat esoteric, if not surreal qualities.

I do realize my blogs are often hard to read and often even harder to digest. I also realize that many of my readers do not possess any type of higher education, and I've even noticed a particular readership who tend to "make fun of" or misinterpret much of what I have to say, and even go as far as taking it out of context. You can always ask me questions directly if you don't understand something, I am reach-able. Overall, I do try to expand on each of my thoughts, as thoughts become things - real and apparent, often manifesting in tangible ways within our lives. The Universe suggests we hold respect for ALL other living beings, in our presence, or within our reach (which if transcendence applies, projected energies of fellow beings are also included in this). I realize I must try to accept my critics, bear with them, stay positive regardless of their negativity. Hence I blog about my thoughts, my experiences, my thoughts regarding my experiences, and my experiences regarding my thoughts. Yes, indeed! Today I will touch on the Rapture, and on Natural Disasters. Are they related at all? How do they relate to the Divine, spiritual energy, or the Creator himself?

Throughout these past few weeks, the midwest and southern regions of the United States have endured the deadliest storms of this type since the 1940s. Hundreds have died, at least 700 injured, and nearly 1500 unaccounted for, in the Missouri area alone. One of my students was late for her presentation last night, because in her area of the country (Wyoming), her neighborhood was evacuated due to flooding. I had to accommodate her even though she arrived after all the other students had presented, and some had already left. Another student arrived late, supposedly because "it was his birthday". When he gave his presentation, he appeared less serious, as if perhaps he had been drinking before arriving to class. I had absolutely zero tolerance for him, although I had to try and pretend I did. I had the utmost respect for the woman who had survived the natural disaster in her city. I will admit that with my professional role as an instructor of many subjects at many levels, I have developed a high level of tolerance and despite my frequent ambivalence regarding challenging students. I can honestly say that I generally apply the same principles to non-work-related relationships, whenever possible, this is just my modus operandi. I try to keep an open mind and remain objective to them, giving people the benefit of the doubt in most cases. So now back to the weather...

Last night, there were 14 tornado warnings in effect. I have never been to the region of the US where these extreme storms are occurring, but have traveled around the US pretty extensively. If you haven't followed these storms, considerable footage is circulating on the internet right now, by amateur videographers and stormchasers alike, such as on holytornado.com. What causes such natural disasters? Are they controlled by the Divine Hand of God, or the wrath of God? Or are they simply mere *random* occurrences of nature? You may have heard phrases like "mother nature's stern warnings" or "don't piss off mother nature". If you don't believe in God as Creator of the Universe, then these more "earthly myths" might apply to you. Whatever your belief, do you not see the Hand of some Divine force? This is clearly not the work of humans. How is each powerful funnel formed and how is it ultimately so powerful to uproot trees, destroy buildings, pull people from cars, and take people/objects up into the sky - with no mercy upon landing - IF they land in one piece. Mother Nature (aka Father God) has n omercy. Similarly there has been considerable flooding in the central states in recent weeks, and of course you know about the recent Earthquake in Japan, and resulting tsunamis upon the Pacific Ocean to coastal cities. Recent extreme weather "happenings" have peaked the curiosity of critics and believers alike - could we be nearing "the End of the World"?

In my last blog regarding the Middle East "peace process", I mentioned that any Nation which intentionally turned its back on Israel (i.e. turn its back on God) would not be spared, and would be destroyed. These *natural catastrophes* began to occur right around the time B. Hussein began the "peace treaty" talks with Netanyahu. Other than Hurricane Katrina (the Gulf oil spill, and 911 which were essentially man-made disasters), and a few earthquakes off the coast of California, the US has never seen such widespread devastation, throughout the entire country. So, is this a mere *coincidence* that God is essentially "destroying" large areas of the United States right now, in the wake of the Middle East Peace process? No. This is a wake-up call, and America needs to wake up! Our President has attempted to take "control" over what goes on in God's Holy Land - divide Israel? But it's not his place! Well, this IS prophesied, in the Bible. From the time the "peace treaty" is signed, the 7 year Tribulation as a countdown to "the End of the World" will begin. In the end times there will be wars and rumors of wars, many more natural disasters than the world has ever known, and of course, widespread debauchery and immoral lifestyles, not to mention idolatry. People's hearts will have turned from God onto self, and even doing harm to others. The "Rapture" will occur before the end of the Tribulation, but "no man knows the day or the hour" -Matthew 24:36-37.

In the Biblical account of the Great Flood, God instructed Noah to build an ark, and take with him 2 of every living creature, to spare them from the upcoming flood which would cover the earth. Many people think of Noah's Ark as a "children's story", as the Bible is often referred to as "just stories", not applicable to our modern-day lives. But in this account, God decided he was going to destroy all of the evil in the world, washing everyone and everything away and just starting over with the few deemed as heirs to be the lone survivors on the boat. The reason for this flood was that the people had become way too immoral to even be considered human anymore - completely cracked-out and just blatantly belligerent. Those with immoral lifestyles, hostile treatment of others, and blatant disrespect of God can be compared to the people at the time of Noah before the Great Flood, or many the people living in America currently. But immoral people continue to cry: "why do bad things happen to good people?" Define "good" - are they really?

If the Great Flood was somehow "just a story", it should serve as an illustration to us: continue in your immoral ways, lewd conduct, inappropriate behaviors, disrespectful treatment of other humans, worship of idols or "other gods", sexual sins, and extreme debauchery - and you will be DESTROYED by the Wrath of God (or the forces of nature). Isn't this almost like the premise of "Hell" (for those that believe in the afterlife)? Isn't the Earth itself be a part of the Universe? What about inclement weather upon that very Earth? Are such natural phenomena NOT part of the Universe, thus NOT fair-game for "Mother Nature" or "Father God" to influence with the simple touch of a finger? In fact God would not even have to lift a finger, He could simply exhale and a volcano could erupt. You are just ONE PERSON, but your own life, limbs, home, city, or state could easily be destroyed by that exhale as well. Don't hate - appreciate - every breath you take. God judges the HEART. Worship of idols is one of the greatest sins of Biblical times. The first Commandment when God imparted the 10 Commandments to Moses in Sinai: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" -Exodus 20. This applied to both "graven images" as well as ANYTHING (another "deity", material possessions, another mortal person, a lifestyle choice) that comes between you and God.

As for the Rapture, "no man knows the day or the hour". This was perhaps the most essential little piece of information which was left out of the Rapture theory forecast by Harold Camping. Although many of his scriptural references were sound, he did not bring it all together. Just like many people in this world know "a lot of stuff", but without that connection, the simple missing puzzle pieces, words, phrases, or ideas - they cannot deliberate a solid theory. Likewise no man can "become" God or attempt to 1-up God somehow, or he will somehow be punished or destroyed. The same principle can apply to any situation, really. Understanding often comes after ALL the pieces of the puzzle are revealed and fall into place. The Bible itself is a free publication, accessible on the internet and free phone apps as well, but do people read it? How to understand if not by study? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. All I can recommend is: keep listening, thinking, asking questions, and seeking the Truth. Only the Truth will set you free!

God is a just God. But He brings people and situations to Justice in His own way, in His own time, by His own hand. Any man who puts himself before God, whether regarding Israel's independence, whether in a lifestyle of immorality, or in behaving with hostility or disrespect towards another human, God will judge them and deal with them accordingly. A Nation, a Team, or an individual. The Forces of the Universe (Mother Nature, etc) have no mercy. So think about this before you try to play "god". Human life is precious. We must be thankful for every breath, for all our working limbs, for life itself. We must continue to treat others with respect, especially if they are struggling or suffering in some way, physically or amidst their circumstances (you may not even know their background, or their current circumstance, so don't judge based on your ignorance). My heart goes out to the tornado and flood victims in the United States, but my heart remains turned towards God, as an American-born citizen, I stand for Israel as the the Holy Land of the Jews - even if the government of my country does not. Stand for something, or you will fall for anything. And you WILL be left behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home