08 December 2006

americas week

this past week, my school had an "Americas Week", which was basically a time to showcase some of the American cultures. Thursday was "Brazil Day" which featured SAMBA... an awesome group from Tel Aviv. No sooner did my friend and I walk in to the Student House, then the lead dancer grabbed me and made me go up on the stage and dance with them! Surprisingly, I followed their routines (although they were in costume and I in street clothes), and danced my samba to keep up with their groove! They turned out to be Brasilian, and I will try to go check out their club in Tel Aviv next week... when Suzanne is coming to visit me from San Diego!

This weekend I am working on a paper on Early Islamic Architecture (Umayyad period) due this week, starting on a second one, and studying for my Arabic Midterm. No Jerusalem trip this weekend. However there are still many exciting things going on in the world. Check out Yoni the Blogger's post "Initiative: Middle East peace conference without Israel", and this article from Al Jazeera. btw, I live in Israel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home