12 July 2007

oceana pacifica

in a recent blog, I mentioned 4 different seas i had visited within a one-week period. Let's add number 5, my very own Pacific Ocean. From a very young age, I visited the Pacific Ocean every year on vacations to San Diego with my family. When I became an adult (ok, age 17) I moved to San Diego because of my strong connection to the sea, and lived there for 13 years total. While there are so many beautiful bodies of water around the world, the Pacific Ocean has always been such an important powerful force in my life. Its magical magnetic energy brings healing, a special source of nature from God, His power transcending beyond our daily concerns and past hurts. The Pacific Ocean and the city of San Diego (known as America's Finest City) also provide for me a sense of peace, stability, and years of wonderful memories.

Since I've been back in San Diego for the past few days, I've realized in so many ways that there's no place like home. I thank God for bringing me back here safely, away from the Arab terror so rampant throughout Israel. I had the opportunity of a lifetime, I embraced it, I put my life on the line, and the very God of Israel who loved me so much to bring me to his Holy Land carried me home on his wings of safety. Being home and spending time with the people who have been with me over my lifetime has become the best part of my journey. Last night my friend Mark suggested I write a book about all my travels, and all the wonderful places and scenarios I have experienced. He felt that not only do I have the credentials to do so, that so many people who cannot travel internationally themselves would love to read about such exciting stories. My encouraging friends are such a blessing to me, and are a constant reflection of my own integrity, love, beauty, and worldly success.

This morning I swam in the Pacific Ocean, full of seaweed (so annoying but don't complain, that could be someone's meal), right off the Sunset Cliffs, so beautiful and amazing. The water was cold... though warm for San Diego, freezing compared to the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas! I was instantly reminded of the unique experience felt only in the Pacific, as much as I've enjoyed swimming in the beautiful seas of the world, especially partial to the Red Sea (as per previous blogs). Why would you stay in one part of the world your whole life if you could travel around the world and swim in its seas? Sometimes I feel sorry for those people in Israel who think that is the only country (er, its not even really a "country" per se) and they never leave because of some inherent cultural dramas. We live in a beautiful world and we need to embrace it as such, in its entirety. Skip the crime, skip the terror, skip the political debates, skip the conflicts, and skip a stone on the sea. Live your life and LOVE your life, and the important people who are special to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home