28 June 2007

get sea serious

I am water - the ebb and flow of a Scorpio - shifting, changing roaring yet calm, tranquil and serene. Over the last 3 days, I have been to 4 different seas - that's serious! The warm and salty Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth, between the Negev and Jordan. The majestic Sea of Galilee in the Northern Tiberias/Golan Heights region of Israel, views from the Mount of Beatitudes. The Mediterranean sea, amazing views from the rocky cliffs of Haifa, swimming in the sea at sunset off the shore of Tel Aviv. Now in Greece, the Aegean Sea's coastal beauty and small Brazil-like beaches. Yesterday we drove along the coastal road beyond the outskirts of Athens, past the wonderful beaches and on to Cape Sounion. There we visited the ruins of the Ancient Temple of Poseidon, with a breathtaking view of the Aegean Sea.

Today a full-day water tour of the Aegean Islands, aboard a small cruise ship. I have not been on a cruise in 2 years, although I often enjoy going out to sea with friends on a regular basis. This one-day tour with its three excursions was reminiscent of the Caribbean cruise. Our first stop was Poros, we were there for enough time to do a bit of shopping, climb to the top of the clock tower and see the beautiful view and foliage similar to Southern California or Mexico. The next stop was Hydra, a quaint shopping area with donkeys to ride, the island has no vehicles, only marble-carved cobblestone walkways. Yet the beauty of the clear blue-green sea and rocky shoreline made for a wonderful afternoon of sun and swimming. The last stop was Aegina, where we took a tour of the entire island via bus. The pistachio farms and Greek Orthodox churches, as well as the scrumptious seafood and local Greek wares made Aegina an enjoyable island stop.

When you put yourself in the middle of the sea, you experience a feeling of tranquility so vast that you become engulfed by the biggest force in all of nature -water- in any Ocean. Every time I am in the sea, I feel a calm yet commanding clarity creating confidence within my being. Its a reminder that its time to get serious, about my life and about the world as a whole. I cant keep feeling sorry for those who choose to live in a little bubble, try to rescue them or even change them. The opportunity is mine to embrace, and I've been inspired by nature's vast wonders and the fire within. Yesterday Tony Blair was named Middle East Envoy - a new role created per the needs of the World. I saw the same fire within him that I've seen in Nicolas Sarkozy, and I want to be a part of it. Its time to get sea serious, my inspiration, the world. I'm ready to join my boys, Tony and Nic, as we drive with vigor against the terror that envelops the Middle East.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home