16 November 2006

ze baraka

From what Ive gathered, there are approximately 4 "nightclubs" (with DJ music, dancing, etc) here in Beer Sheva, along with numerous bars or pubs. Everyone who knows me knows that I am a dancer, and besides performing (which I am currently not doing here in Israel) I have always enjoyed going out dancing. It is a form of release for me (besides capoeira and going to the gym, both of which I am also involved with).

The most "popular" club among students is called Baraka. Ive been there twice before and I vowed to never go back because a) the music was totally lame (cheezy american music) and b) I don't want to make a habit of "going out" on a school night (the last time I went I slept through my Hebrew class the next morning). However, I have been meeting several promoters and people who work at Baraka, all of whom convinced me to give it another try... and enlightened me to the fact that there are 2 other "rooms" (other than the cheezy one I went in before) with different music. Last night I returned to Baraka, and the third time was a charm. There was a guest DJ from England, and my friend Alan and I danced to some really good trance and breakbeat, as well as house which took over the otherwise cheezy music room. It was a really great night of much-needed release. This morning I woke up refreshed for Hebrew class AND ready to give a presentation in my Orientalism class.

I was also refreshed yesterday as we had a full day of "San Diego weather". Misting/raining lightly throughout the day, with fog and humid air at night. This weekend I am staying in Beer Sheva, rather than going out of town as i usually do. not only do I need to catch up on my studies, but I am moving into my own apartment (for only $200 USD per month!) which should be an exciting endeavor. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement... I'm finally settling in here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home