08 February 2007

amazing america

This trip to America over the past week and a half has been one of the best trips of my life (ranks right up there with Germany World Cup & ICA Summer 2006, Caribbean Cruise 2005, and Brazil 2002). The main reason being that I have never been away from America for this long, one month had been the longest. I returned to the US after living in Israel for 3 1/2 months, and will be back there for another 4-5 months for Spring Semester. Living in another country is very different than just taking a trip there. Returning home is the most amazing feeling in the world. Words can not describe everything I have been feeling these past few weeks. American nationalism and pride, and thankfulness for all that I have. I got to spend time with family and key friends, visit 5 major US cities, get my Starbucks fix, and most importantly, remember the reasons why I love America so much.

Some of the highlights of the trip included driving my car and a real big luxury rental SUV (only in america folks), going to my "normal" stores like Trader Joe's, Target, Henry's, Borders, and did I mention Starbucks? Also, spending time with my main San Diego friends and other great friends in Phoenix. Going out on Manny's boat in the Harbor on the most beautiful 80 degree day. Spending time with my parents in Arizona, whose continuous support has been beyond expectation, I love them so much! Seeing my Best Friend Jenni's new baby boy Justice! oh yeah and being in the US during the Super Bowl, a very important American event - watched with good friends in SD on a ginormous HDTV. Visiting Mission/Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Balboa Park, SDSU, MVCF, all very significant places in my life. Ending the US tour with New Jersey (where I was born) to check out a PhD program, and NYC - the site of the World Trade Center, being reconstructed. REMEMBER 911??? Let us not forget the things that make Our Nation so amazing. To document parts of the trip, I have posted 3 new galleries, Munich, San Diego visit, and quick trip to NYC.

On my way back (Newark to Frankfurt), flying Lufthansa the German airline, listening to Hindi music playing on the armrest channel, on my complimentary headset, and watching a Bollywood movie! I would recommend flying a German airline any chance you get. My experience has always been positive, and the flights are relatively cheap. I now embark upon the remainder of my Israel experience, after a necessary rejuvenation in my homeland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home