06 February 2007

the right of return

a little Palestinian jargon, "the right of return", applied to my own life. I have been back in America for the last week and a half. This has been perhaps one of the best trips I have ever taken. Returning to the US after 3 1/2 months, major culture shock. Returning to Phoenix, to visit family and friends, and reunited with all my "stuff". Returning to (82 degrees) San Diego, my HOME of 13 years, and my favorite city on EARTH. There is no doubt I will end up living there again, hopefully sooner than later. I will be spending most of the summer there.

And finally, to wrap up my US tour, returning to my birthplace, New Jersey. Spending the night here tonight and I will visit a local university tomorrow to check out their PhD program. If I can bear the bone-chilling cold, perhaps I will venture into New York City as well. Returning to Israel within the next few days. Looking forward to my next return to America, the most wonderful country in the world. If you are a US citizen, don't take it for granted. We have it good here, REALLY GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home