13 December 2006

running route

since i walk everywhere, i havent really gone running much. those who know me, know I go running quite regularly so it felt good to run again. of course nothing beats my San Diego harbor route, also mission beach and balboa park (except maybe this one time I went running in Brazil at Copacabana). So last night I decided to check out my neighborhood a little more, besides the university, main street, and nearby markets, which turned into a short run. There is a bridge about a block from my house with many stairs, and leads over to one of the "newer" areas of Beer Sheva, I believe it is called the Ramot neighborhood. I think there is a high school over there because there were a lot of high school kids, a few of whom attempted to have conversations with me in Hebrew. On my way back home a random Israeil guy (who worked as a security officer) stopped me because I was running in jeans. I tried to tell him that this run was spontaneous, not planned, but he only spoke Hebrew, and I dont know how to say that in Hebrew. Anyway I didnt give him my number though he wanted to make some kind of English/Hebrew teaching exchange. It seems like that's what they all say and then end up stalking me with endless phone calls, so now I just tell them I dont have a phone!

Suzanne (my best friend in San Diego) just arrived today (after crazy global travel journey and standby flight situation), she will be visiting me for the next 5 days. We are going to tour some of Israel, Jerusalem and maybe Eilat. I need to finish my paper tonight so I wont have any major obligations while we are touring around. Its supposed to be 4-6 pages and is turning into 10. what to do! Tomorrow morning I may also make a last attempt at my "beginner" Hebrew class which I have been ditching because it is way over my head. it starts again at the beginning on January 7. I am learning so much Hebrew in my every day life here and some of my Israeli friends (and people I meet randomly) have been helping me. Suzanne claims she can tell what people are saying... ha ha :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home